Offshore Inspection, Testing, and Certification
Leading third party inspection company in KSA, EIWAA Gulf Rocks Inspection company offers Work equipment inspection, NDT/NDE inspection services, marine 3D laser scanning and alignment survey, EMAG inspection of wire ropes, etc. in marine and offshore environments.
The shape and dimensions of objects are captured in 3D models using higher accuracy 3D laser scanning technology, which is a contactless, nondestructive testing method. Shipbuilding, oil/gas pipelines, rigs, and offshore platforms are perfect applications for Gulf Rocks 's 3D laser scanning services. By using 3D laser scanning services, complex piping dimensions and alignment checks can be obtained. To see the onboard plumbing system and as-built information, use 3D laser scan data.
Accurately scanned parts of a ship can be used for a variety of tasks, such as,
- Installation of a Ballast Water Treatment System
- Boat hull modeling is done accurately using laser scanning.
- Installation of the Scrubber System-EGCS Unit
- Planning the docking procedure
- Hull analysis/ stability survey
- ventilation improvements (duct modifications)
- replacement of pipe spools in use
- HVAC ducts
- Hull geometry and the production plan
- Damage to the ship's structure as seen in a picture
- Any alteration made to a ship's systems or structure.
Marine/Naval Ballast Water Treatment Systems Using 3D Laser Scanning:
Prior to installing a ballast water treatment system, a ship or vessel's "asbuilt" conditions were recorded using a 3D laser scanning technique. The measurements and high level of detail of the existing pipe and structure are precise and quick with scanning.
3D scans for retrofitting or rebuilding:
Ballast water treatment systems, scrubber units, engine room, deck machinery, hull structures, overall scan for reverse engineering, etc. may all be restored or modified using 3D laser scanning.
Among the advantages of 3D laser scanning are,
- Multiple hand measurements in the field can be eliminated by taking measurements
- Minimize conflicts in your design efforts. Proper positioning, space availability, and pipe routing are all easily checked in a 3D environment made possible by laser scanning.
- It's not necessary to dry dock all ships. Most of the time, scanning can be done without interfering with daily business.
- Additionally, we provide modeling of bulkheads, structure, and centers, as well as surface fitting of hulls.
Depending on the needs of the client, EIWAA uses FARO Laser Scanning Equipment, LEICA P40 3D Scanning Equipment, and FARO 3D Laser Scanning Equipment.
Methodology for 3D laser scanning of ships, boats, yachts, and rigs:
- Scanning Plan formulation assessment
- Onboard Scanning at Ships/Vessels
- Refined point clouds
- Analysis and engineering of point clouds in isolation
- Preparation for as-built drawing.
By utilizing steel wire rope flaw detection techniques, Gulf Rock offers EMAG Inspection of wire rope inspection and lifting accessories inspection services. This inspection extends rope life by accurately measuring loss of metallic area (LMA) and detecting inner and outer localized flaws (LF) of broken wires, strands, kinking, and pitting corrosion in addition to the visual inspection criteria. Magnetic Flux Leakage, or MFL, is the underlying principle of EMAG Wire Rope Inspection.
Wire rope MFL Inspection, often referred to as EMAG Inspection of Steel Wire Ropes, is a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Inspection technique used in the maritime industry to assess the structural integrity of steel wire ropes.
The increased wire rope life expectancy achieved by EIWAA's NDT wire rope inspection equipment leads in significant financial savings forIncreased wire rope life expectancy, significant cost savings for marine/vessel owners, and safe use of wire ropes are all outcomes of EIWAA's NDT wire rope inspection equipment. Wire rope NDT and Certification using the magnetic flux leakage method and powerful magnetization heads are included in the range of our offshore inspection and lifting accessories inspection services.
Inspection of offshore wire rope and the oil and gas industry:
- Inspections of wire rope used in heavy lifting equipment onshore and offshore.
- Guy Wire rope Continuous monitoring
- As part of the heavy lifting equipment inspection, NDT inspection of the hoisting wire at the offshore crane spreader beam.
- NDT Examination of Rope Carrying or Ropeway and Lifting Beam
- NDT inspection of wire ropes used in subsea construction and guy ropes at the mast
- Wire rope inspection for cranes
- Assessing mooring winch wire rope
- Crane wire rope inspection, mooring line inspection, mooring winch, anchor lines, and other uses of EMAG or electromagnetic examination of wire rope in the marine industry.
- For ship lift wire rope inspection at marine drydocks and certification of wire ropes' fitness for use, EMAG or electromagnetic inspection can be used.
- Wire rope NDT inspection is utilized in the oil and gas industry for cranes and flare stack inspection.
EMAG Inspections' technical specifications and equipment capabilities:
- Strong magnetic technology identifies potential wire rope flaws such as LMA, LF, broken wires/strands, etc.
- Due to the strong magnetic flux leakage field and/or magnetic saturation present in our non-destructive wire rope offshore inspection equipment, it is feasible to achieve high accuracy and sensitivity.
- In order to determine LMA (Loss of Metallic Cross-Sectional Area), WRR (Wire rope Roughness), LF (Localized Flaws of Wire Ropes), etc., our NDT Inspection of Wire Rope Testing Instruments have three signals for wire rope defect identification.
Offshore NDT Inspection services consist of,
Eddy Current Certifications and Inspection Services.
Magnetic particle certifications and inspections.
Inspection and Certification for Ultrasonic Scanning.
Steel wire ropes remaining life Inspection using EMAG.
Dye Penetrant Inspection
Phased Array UT Scanning Inspection
Offshore NDT Inspection and Certification:
Offshore Inspection Survey includes,
Inspection and Certification of Rig including pad eye testing service
Inspection and Certification of Barges
Certifications and Inspections for Ships
Certifications and Inspections for Vessels
Pipelines and pressure vessels in-service inspection.
Technical Support and Offshore Rental Services:
Offshore Technical Support includes the following
Rental services for offshore water bags.
Services for renting calibrated load cells and lifting beam.
Pad eye testing service
Rental services for solid steel test weights.
Winches for spooling or destruction are rented out.
Bags and supplies for lifeboat inspection
Rental services for pneumatic hoists and compressors.
Services for renting spreader beams.
Services for hiring lifting beams